You’ve already invested a lot of time, money and sweat equity into getting your business to where it is today. Now, are you looking to take it to the next level? Here are five sure-fire ways to remain front and center in the eyes of your current and prospective customers.
Provide great service.
Understand your customers’ needs and develop products or services to meet them.
- Be “simply the best.” Ensure that your customer service is exceptional. Go the extra mile. People will not only remember you for it and remain loyal to your brand; they’ll also encourage others to do the same.
- Nurture your relationships with current customers. Stay in regular touch with those in your existing customer base. Use whatever methods and tools work the best, whether it’s coupons, e-newsletters, or promotional events and “friends and family” sales.
Make the most of social media.
Find out which platforms your customers are on, and utilize them to promote your business and gain valuable market insight through “social listening.” Learn what people are saying about you and provide strategic responses.
- Actively participate in relevant conversations and contribute content that will catch customers’ eyes. Use photos, videos, gamification and other tactics.
- Format your content to fit each platform. For instance, you need photos for Instagram, longer posts for LinkedIn, videos and memes for Facebook, and short, snappy announcements for Twitter.
Invest in building your professional and customer networks, both on and offline. Networking is key to fostering relationships and encouraging your connections to patronize your business and spread the word to others.
- Attend events – and host your own. Be visible and active at networking functions, conferences and industry workshops and in professional associations. And, hold events at your own site so customers can meet your staff and see for themselves where your products or services originate.
Give back to your community.
Be a good corporate neighbor and build your brand at the same time by actively supporting worthwhile causes within your community. It speaks volumes when your customers see you out there, lending financial support or professional expertise to an initiative that helps those in need or enhances a neighborhood, region or population.
- Sponsor fundraisers and/or support your employees as they team up and participate in walks, runs, building homes or playgrounds, or being part of community-wide days of caring. In addition to company leadership being visible, get your brand out there on shirts, giveaway items, websites and signage.
Measure your progress.
Monitor where your customers are coming from to determine how effective your marketing techniques really are.
- Define your metrics. From there, you can accurately gauge your ROI. Metrics are simply a collection of numerical data that allows you to get an accurate read on a campaign to see if it’s meeting your goals.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. Take calculated risks. If something is not working, then refine your approach.
TRC Professional Solutions is in the business of helping other businesses succeed through cutting-edge staffing, talent management and workforce development strategies. Consider partnering with our thinkers, doers and achievers as you position your company for growth in 2019 and beyond. Contact us today to learn more.